Updates, Resolutions, New Beginnings

/
0 Comments

Here we are yet another month into another year. I've come back here to this space to turn over the proverbial new leaf. Much has changed since my last correspondence, still much has stayed the same. I'm anxiously, fearfully awaiting graduation from college this May. Things are pretty relaxed as I've accepted a job offer before Winter Break, and now all that lies between me and full blown adulthood are 12 more weeks of ridiculous GenEd requirements. That said, I feel not at all like someone who could handle quintessentially adult things like 401ks and health insurance. 

Despite a bit of existential limbo, music, books, art, food, and the internet remain unwavering constants my life (try to feign ignorance at the utter lack of proper human interaction). So in my liminal state of not quite adult but not quite child, I've been living out the dying hours of my unburdened student life with the utmost hedonistic zeal, and it has been a blast.


Always on the hunt for new gastro-adventures.
In the past few months, I've crossed many items off of my St. Louis restaurant bucket list, saved up for some pretty substantial photo and audio investments, and made a considerable dent in my perpetually growing reading list. These luxuries and indulgences are not exactly profound, but I imagine they might keep me sane when I start my travel heavy job and take on responsibilities of a full grown human. 

In an effort to evolve into a responsible, disciplined adult, my mission for this year is to resuscitate this blog and keep it alive. I'm coming back to this blog to make a space for passions and aesthetics that I hope to curate beyond my college years. I'm also looking for a way to do some disciplined writing to retrain my lifeless prose for impending writing projects closer to graduation. In general I think this blog will be a conglomerate of unabashed consumerist lifestyle, eccentric personal sentiments, and maybe even forays into some high brow things like academia, social commentary, advice (I don't actually know if you should take advice from me though)? The possibilities, they are endless.

Thanks for visiting. Eat well and take naps.


You may also like

No comments: